Monday, November 1, 2010

Fall Cleaning

This week I decided to clean out my closet a bit, and donate my wig and several fleece hats to the Cancer Support Community in Bozeman. They offer a program to give wigs and hats to women who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy. One of the women in my support group used this service, and was really glad to have a private place to try on a wig. They even offer styling services after you've chosen a wig. When I lost my hair, I was unaware of this service, so I ended up trying on wigs at a salon. It was uncomfortable, but mostly because I had to look at myself in the mirror. The wig I got was fine, but I only ended up wearing it a handful of times. It just wasn't me. I hope that it will help another woman during a very difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment