Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Project






Home improvement has been part of our lives since we bought our first home. I have at times been less than enthusiastic about some of the projects John wanted to tackle, but in the end, we have been very pleased with the results. The most recent project is no exception. It is an extension to our patio plus a fence to give us more privacy. One of the neatest parts of this project was that John was able to recycle the old redwood benches that were there and use the 2x4s as joists for the decking, as well as framing for the fencing. Phase 1 is now complete on the east side. Phase 2 will commence next spring when the snow melts. So far, it's looking great!

2 comments:

  1. The pictures of John's masterpiece are beautiful. Having seen it with my own eyes, kudos John!! It is a work of art. Love the picture you took of the Bridgers, Lou Ann. I am ever thrilled with the wonder of Montana. Looking forward to x-country skiing.Cheers, Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou Ann,

    I'm just getting caught up, reading your posts as I drink some coffee! I guess John did this work on your deck before I saw you last. It's beautiful! I love the color of the wood. I didn't know you had a view of the mountains from your backyard...lucky you! Nice to have the privacy, too. Do you think John could come out here and work some magic on our deck? It really needs it! Megan

    ReplyDelete