Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chemo #4 - The Last One!

My chemo treatment went just fine yesterday. I met beforehand with my oncologist and we discussed my follow-up appointments, etc. Since I've been having bone pain with the Neulasta shot, he ordered a lesser dosage for today. Yeah!

As I was finishing up with the infusion, several of the staff members gathered around and sang me their special "chemo send-off" song, along with a balloon and signed card. It brought tears to my eyes. They are a special group of people, and the care I've received there has been the best.

I also went for another acupuncture session afterwards. She focused on helping me with the nausea which I will start having later today and tomorrow. The less anti-nausea medication I have to take, the better.

The best part .... that part of my treatment is behind me now.

Lou Ann

2 comments:

  1. meganlyden@msn.comApril 15, 2010 at 8:04 PM

    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

    I am so glad you are finished with the chemo!!!

    Hurrah!!!

    Glad to hear spring has hit Bozeman, too! We've had sun for TWO DAYS STRAIGHT!!!

    Also, yesterday, I found a Pileated Woodpecker nest hole. The male and female take turns excavating. You should see all the sawdust flying out of the hole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray, Lou Ann! I'm am so proud of you for getting through one of your most difficult trials. You are a true pioneer woman. Your pioneer ancestors endured some tough trials on the trip out to the west.They made it and so did you. Mom

    ReplyDelete