Monday, April 26, 2010

Catching Up

I guess it's been a few days since I've posted, so it's time to catch up.

We had a nice trip to Billings, and visit with John's family. Other than being rather lopsided, my chocolate cake was delicious, and a big hit with John's niece, Amy. We brought half of it home and I've been grazing on it. The rest needs to go in the freezer!

Today, I went in for my radiation planning session. The nurse marked me up with a Sharpie and then scanned me with a CT scanner. This will help line up the radiation equipment with the area to be treated. I start treatments next Tuesday.

Yesterday, I took two bird feeders out to the Churchill rest home, and hung one up for one of the residents. This very sweet lady is bedridden, and one of the few things that gives her pleasure is to watch the birds outside her window. She had her field guide and we talked about what birds she might be seeing. I was glad that I could do this small thing and bring some happiness to her life. It is so easy to become focused on your own problems, but then you realize that there are so many others that are much worse off than you. It was a good reality check.

Lou Ann

2 comments:

  1. You are a good person. I don't care what anybody says!
    christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete