Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Another Nest



Okay, I know you are all getting tired of bird photos, but I just couldn't resist posting this one. I've known there was a Chipping Sparrow nest somewhere in the Mugo Pine in the front of our house, but I couldn't exactly locate it. Well, as I was standing out front, helping load our camper last Friday, I saw the adult fly in to the bush and two little heads popped up for a meal. Aha! I grabbed my camera and a step ladder and shot this photo. A perfect little grass nest with two nestlings. It amazes me that these sparrows are so tolerant of our comings and goings. They just go about raising their family. I'm glad they picked my yard to nest in.

Lou Ann

2 comments:

  1. Always a sign of hope and beauty. Wishing you tons of both.
    christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoy learning about birds and seeing photos you and John take. Hugs, Teri

    ReplyDelete