Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Change in Radiation

I met with my radiation oncologist yesterday. He was a little bit concerned with how red my skin is getting around my collarbone and under my arm. So today, they started giving me my "booster" electron radiation, which only pinpoints my surgery area. I get 5 of these booster treatments, and they usually come the last week of radiation. But instead, I get them this week which will give my skin a rest. Only 8 more to go and I'm done!



Yesterday and today, I checked all my bluebird boxes. We found a few nestlings, and six of them were old enough to band. The cold, rainy weather has been tough on the bluebirds, but they should rebound with a second brood. The attached photos are courtesy of Janne Hayward, and show a male Mountain Bluebird delivering a tasty caterpiller to a nestling, a 4 day old nestling, and me banding an adult female bluebird with some help from Diane.

4 comments:

  1. What's that fuzzy ball on top of the box?

    christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, actually it's a rock, and it holds the roof on. It was put there by a kindly rancher after the screw broke off. It seemed to do the job, so we left it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish I could be there to watch you band the lovely little blubirds!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete