Thursday, September 9, 2010

Clean Bill of Health

Today was my first 3 month check-up with the oncologists. I had to have a mammogram as well as blood work done prior to my doctor's appointments today. While the mammogram was a bit unnerving, everything was clear and normal! I'm so glad to have that behind me.

What unnerved me was that I was asked to stay for an ultrasound after finishing the mammogram. Now, the last time this happened was 9 months ago, and you know the rest of that story. So there was a lot of scary deja vu as I laid there in the ultrasound room. But it was simply to be thorough and absolutely sure there was nothing hiding behind my surgical scar.

My next check-up is in December with the oncologist, and the next mammo is in 6 months. It's time to stop worrying and move forward!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!!!!!!!!! This is great news!

    So happy for you! I'm sure you will be breathing very easily now that this is behind you.

    I would have been really unnerved, too, about the ultrasound (I'm a major worrier, so "freaking out" would probably be where I was). Sounds like it might have helped if they had told you ahead of time that an ultrasound would probably be included. However, so glad it's done and all clear! Megan

    ReplyDelete