Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Wedding


A couple of weeks ago, John and I attended my niece Courtney's wedding in Eastern WA. It was quite the family affair. My entire family was present, as well as Courtney's mom's side of the family, plus lots of friends. It was a beautiful outdoor wedding, set in front of a stately homestead house overlooking the Methow River. The bride was beautiful and the groom handsome. I think they will be a good match. My nephew Erik provided music with his guitar during the ceremony and the first dance. I was so proud of him!

Several speeches were made during the reception dinner, including one by my dad. The first part was completely in Norwegian, which of course nobody understood (except for maybe my mom), followed by several classic Ole and Lena jokes, as only my dad can tell them (and get away with!). He had the place rolling with laughter.

My brother Chris looked every bit the father of the bride and very handsome in his tux. It was so emotional to see him give away his daughter. One down and two daughters to go!

Photos to follow .....

1 comment: