Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Reading List

This morning I started thinking about all the books I read during my cancer treatment this past winter and spring. Now, for those who know me well, I'm notoriously slow getting through a book, mainly because I only read about a page before falling asleep. But when you are undergoing chemotherapy, your sleep patterns get completely turned around, especially with the steroids you have to take. So all of a sudden, I became a voracious reader.

I wrote down all the books I have read up to today (those I can remember), and thought I'd share them on the blog. I'm not guaranteeing they were all great, but they help keep your mind occupied.

Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil - John Berendt
The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
The Glass Castle - Jeannette Walls
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson
The Girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson
Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens
Border Songs - Jim Lynch
The Ginger Tree - Oswald Wynd
The Reliable Wife - Robert Goolrick
The Gravedigger's Daughter - Joyce Carol Oates
Skinwalkers - Tony Hillerman
Harry Potter
The Mermaid Chair - Sue Monk Kidd
The Help - Kathryn Stockett
Hotel At The Corner of Bitter & Sweet - Jamie Ford
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - Rebecca Skloot
Murder on the Orient Express - Agatha Christie
Double Take, A Memoir - Kevin Michael Connolly

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lou Ann - we accept slow readers in our book club! I also fall asleep reading.... Hugs Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm impressed! You're your own book club!
    christy

    ReplyDelete