Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yellowstone







Yellowstone Park is one of those places we never get enough of, no matter how many times we visit. There's always something to see, new places to explore, or a favorite to re-visit.

John and I just returned from our camping trip, and we really didn't want to come home. Every day was warm and sunny, and each evening was filled with a sky-full of constellations. While we sat in front of our nightly campfire, the sounds of yipping coyotes and bugling elk reached our ears.

On one of the hikes we took, John noticed a fresh bear print on the trail. While we were discussing whether it was a small black bear or grizzly that made it, we saw another huge bear print, obviously a grizzly. We thought it must have been a female with a cub. It seemed like a good time to turn around and head back to the trailhead! Even though we didn't see a bear, the thought of one having walked the same path just before us made my heart race a little.

I've posted a few photos I took for your perusal. I wish I had taken one of that bear print ....

3 comments:

  1. Warrior III pose on a log! Wow am I impressed... what balance, grace and focus. Glad you had a grand time. Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is he coming to my class? Teri

    ReplyDelete