Saturday, May 1, 2010

Lunch out

Yesterday, several of my girlfriends took me out to lunch for a belated 50th birthday celebration. It was a collection of friends old and new, and fun to see them all.

The weather here has been somewhat unsettled the past few days, and not really conducive to being outside, but John and I have gone out walking or hiking nonetheless. On one evening walk, in the snow and wind, we both heard a Great Horned Owl hooting, so we walked toward the sound until I spotted him up in a tree. It's always a treat to watch an owl when it calls. They lean forward, stick their head out, tip their tail up, and then hoot. It seems with all that build up, the sound that comes out would be louder, but it's rather soft in tone. Subtle but compelling at the same time.

Tomorrow, I'm taking a couple of new recruits to check a few bluebird boxes. I hope the birds have survived all the snow and cold.

Springtime in the Rockies....

Lou Ann

1 comment: