Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Chemo #3

I had my 3rd chemotherapy treatment today, which went fine. l also met with the radiation oncologist to talk about what's coming up next in my treatment schedule. I'll be starting radiation treatments 3 weeks after the last chemo (April 13), so that will be May 3rd. I'll have to go in 5 days a week (Monday through Friday) with weekends off, for a total of 33 treatments. So I hope to be done by the third week in June. The only side-effects of radiation is fatigue, which gets worse as you go, plus some skin irritation. But I can handle that! So I'm now 3/4 of the way done with the chemo. The next one is the last!

Tomorrow is another acupuncture session, followed by a trip to the Cancer Center for the much-dreaded Neulasta injection. I have to take the good with the bad, I guess.

Thanks to you all for the great comments! I really enjoy reading them. Keep 'em coming.

Lou Ann

2 comments:

  1. Alright! 3/4's of the way! Keep looking forward, not looking back. We're all rooting for you.

    christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your acupuncture session goes well today. In the Chinese system of 5 elements, spring is correlated with the element wood; growing entities - trees, plants and the human body. The nature of spring and the wood element is described as beginning or birth. The direction is east, the beginning of the day as sun rises in the east... from Staying Healthy with the Seasons by Elson M Haas, M.D. A favorite book of mine - Here's to the beauty of spring - with the arrival of bluebirds, robins, green grass and warm air. Teri

    ReplyDelete