Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring is coming

It really felt like winter was taking a back seat to spring yesterday. Friend Diane and I took a stroll around my neighborhood, and it felt warm, although the thermometer said only 48 degrees. Then we spotted a small cluster of crocus near a mailbox. I could hardly believe it! Then I remembered the crocus in Bellevue (WA) probably bloomed almost 2 months ago. Spring comes so much more slowly here. You really have to be patient.

I spent another hour or so sitting in the sun, reading "A Reliable Wife". Interesting book. Anyways, as I was sitting there, I heard the unmistakable sounds of a Sandhill Crane and a Red-winged Blackbird. It made me feel good to hear them calling. Another sure sign of spring. It's coming. I just have to be patient.

Lou Ann

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you're right. The crocus here are long gone and the daffodils, too. We are having spring today - clouds, strong wind, pelting rain, sun break!, more clouds, wind, rain - continue. Never boring!
    christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi--thanks for the update on what birds are you're seeing these days. You are our resident "field ornithologist". Also, happy to read that you've got some energy to go outdoors and do some errands. Maybe, you can join us next week for a hike up Stone Creek! Only 1 more treatment--yahoo! We're cheering for you Lou Ann. Mary

    ReplyDelete