Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chemo Treatment #2



Today's infusion went very smoothly. I went in early to have my blood work done and then met with one of the doctors and we went over the symptoms I had after the first treatment. To help with the bone pain from the booster shot I get, I was told to try taking Claritin for three days. Apparently it has some benefit, so why not give it a shot? It certaintly can't hurt.

I also signed up for a 6 week session of acupuncture, which is offered free of charge by the local cancer support community group. I hope it can help me with some of the side-effects of the drugs, and also the anxiety. My first session is tomorrow. I'll let you know how that goes.

So for now, I'm drinking lots of fluids and taking it easy. I hope to be back out on the ski track, or hiking trails by next week.

Lou Ann

PS I almost forgot! Today's therapy dog was a Keeshound by the name of Maggie. Our family had a keeshound when I was growing up in Bozeman, and they are the sweetest dogs.

PPS Having watched the Olympics over the past 16 days, I've been thinking about a trip my dad and I took to Norway in March of 2006. We went to attend the World Cup Nordic Championship, which was held in Oslo. It was the trip of a lifetime. The photo at the bottom of my blog shows my dad, myself, and our hosts, Gunnar and Lisbeth Sunde. Gunnar is my godfather and Lisbeth is my namesake. They are wonderful people.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be very interested to learn how the acupuncture goes. They must have had good results if the support group offers it.
    Hope you are back skiing soon!
    christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lou Ann,
    I just got caught up on your blog. So far pretty good. I loved the big medicine post--right on! There is so much power in nature to heal. Take care.
    Kathy Andrich

    ReplyDelete