Thursday, March 11, 2010

Turning the Big 5-0

Well, the other day I was dreading arrived today, my 50th birthday! I normally love to celebrate my birthday, but not this year. There was just too much to be depressed about. My mood was pretty low this morning, but after a walk with John along the East Gallatin River, and a few birthday phone calls, I felt my spirits rise. Things can always be worse, and as my dad often reminds me, "Celebrate every birthday, because it beats the alternative". Truer words have never been spoken. So tonight I enjoyed the spicy chili and creamy cheesecake that John made at my request. I even drank a beer, the first since Super Bowl Sunday. It turned out to be a pretty good day after all.

Lou Ann

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lou! I'm working at catching up w/ you!!!! Nice talking to you Sat!
    Lei

    ReplyDelete