Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Needles, Needles

I had my first acupuncture session today. It was a group session, starting with four of us. The acupuncturist went around to each person, going over symptoms and problems. Then she took your pulse and looked at your tongue, which gives the acupuncturist clues about your internal health. I was having some sinus pain and stuffiness, so she inserted needles on either side of my nose and one at the top of my forehead. I also had needles on both feet, legs and hands, which was for more general treatment. I laid on my chaise lounge for about 45 minutes, while she attended other patients. There were people coming and going throughout. I was very impressed by the thoroughness and cleanliness of the procedure. My energy level was better afterwards, and I'm already looking forward to session #2 next week.

Lou Ann

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so brave! I'd love to see a picture of this one--needles in your nose? I hope it helps any pain you have, and glad to hear you are doing so well. I'm so proud of you!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you - glad you got in for the acupuncture session and hope it helps. Isn't is amazing that it doesn't hurt to have needles put in!

    Hugs, Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wondered if the needles hurt when they go in and if you feel a lot better when done. I know several people who swear by acupunture! What do you think so far?
    Hugs, Leiann

    ReplyDelete