Thursday, May 13, 2010

Exhausted!


I had a busy 5 days with Christy. Lots of bird-related activities, of course; a field trip, bluebirding, an Audubon potluck. We also squeezed in two road trips, one to Anaconda to visit with some of Christy's relatives. They were branding calves, which was fun to watch. Even city-girl Christy got in on the action (see photo - she's in the green jacket). The other trip was to Yellowstone Park to look for wildlife. We were not disappointed! Elk, bison with newborn calves, pronghorn, and four grizzly bears (a sow with two older cubs in one location, and a large male in another spot). We finished the day with a burger at Chico Hot Springs. It was a great visit and I'm exhausted!

Radiation treatments are going well. I just had my 7th yesterday. It's becoming a routine, and generally I'm in and out in 15 minutes. I see the radiation oncologist every week and he checks my progress. There haven't been any adverse effects, yet. I'm starting to get some fine baby hair on my head, but my eyebrows are almost gone. I'm hoping to start growing real hair soon.

Lou Ann

2 comments:

  1. Yowsa! Four grizzly bears and all else you saw in Yellowstone, how neat. Glad you and Christy did so much fun stuff together. I enjoyed meeting her at the Audubon Potluck. A good tired... now you can relax in the warm sunny days ahead. Love to join you on a bluebird trail outing. Hugs, Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. I know...isn't it amazing ho fast radiation treatment is, once you are set up for it? When I had it on my hands, I swear I was in and out in 5 minutes! I kind of doubted that it was even doing anything, the treatments were so short!Megan

    ReplyDelete