Friday, May 21, 2010

Moving Forward

I finished up radiation treatment #14 today. Only 19 to go. I'm starting to have a bit of soreness under my arm, but nothing bad. The nurse gave me some extra special ($$$) cream to use. The fatigue is becoming noticeable, too. It's hard for me to go easy on myself physically. With the nice weather, I want to be outside every moment doing something. I just have to be patient.

I also had lunch with two gals that I met through my acupuncture sessions. We talked about our shared experiences through cancer treatment. All three of us agreed that it will be nice when we get to the point of not waking up every morning and thinking about having cancer. I know that is a ways off for me.

John and I checked some bluebird boxes this afternoon. There were 12 nests with eggs, and one with little nestlings about 4 days old. They are so cute at that age!

Tomorrow, I lead a field trip for my Audubon chapter. The weather forecast isn't so great, but maybe the rain will hold off until after we're done.

1 comment:

  1. LouAnn
    I hope everyone warns you to heed your need to rest. If you don't you will have setbacks. You are strong and we all know that. But this summer you will need to adjust YOUR goals. Then, next summer, go for the gold. Please do listen to your body. luv ya, Rosie

    ReplyDelete