Friday, May 28, 2010

Nests are where you find them


We were at Costco the other day looking at all the trees and shrubs for sale. I noticed something hanging out of one of the small Norwegian blue spruces. I lifted the branch, and there was a perfect grass nest with 4 speckled eggs inside. Who knows where this tree came from, but it's amazing that the nest and eggs survived the journey to the Bozeman Costco. I'll bet the little bird who belonged to that nest was not very happy. It would be interesting to know what kind of bird made the nest.

John and I fly to Seattle today for the weekend. I'll get to visit with most of my family, and hopefully eat some seafood. I can't wait!

Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

  1. What a bird's tale! I hope you and John are having a good visit with family, eating seafood, enjoying some sunshine (we've had rain).... Teri

    ReplyDelete