Sunday, May 16, 2010

Good Weekend


I had such a good weekend. First of all, the weather was glorious (finally). Secondly, I was able to spend parts of both Saturday and Sunday doing what I love, birding. Even John was drawn in on Sunday, and helped me conduct a bird census at Missouri Headwaters State Park. Thirdly (is that a word?), the wildflowers are really starting to bloom. On Saturday's Audubon field trip, an entire hillside we were walking up was covered in bunches of pasqueflowers, kittentails, buttercups and yellow bells. It was really awesome. I look forward to this time of year so much, and even more so this year. I'm glad it's finally spring!

Lou Ann

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lou Ann,

    I'm so glad you are doing well and had a nice visit with Christy. You both look so Western in the photos!

    Sam and I went birding over in Eastern Washington yesterday; we saw several Burrowing Owl Chicks, which were adorable, and we ended the day at the County Line Ponds, where Sam took photos of Stilts and Avocets. It was really hot in the afternoon, but felt really good! I'm glad Spring is here, too!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete