Wednesday, May 19, 2010

VSB - Very Special Bird

After my radiation treatment this morning, I met with birding friend Robin to look for a Rose-breasted Grosbeak that she had seen a few days ago. This is a fairly rare bird for the Gallatin Valley, and I really wanted to see it. We had been walking and looking for about an hour, checking out every singing Black-headed Grosbeak to make sure it wasn't really a Rose-breasted, when....there he was, in all his glory! What a thrill! For those of you that don't know what they look like, I've posted a photo at the top of my blog.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting for you and Robin to find the rose- breasted grosebeak! I viewed the baby great owls up close in their nest with mommy and daddy a few branches below. It is thrilling to have them on our back property. I also observed one of the Swainson's Hawks flying around, being chased by another bird (defending its nest?) - Wasn't it lovely to be out today after the rainy morning? Glad you had a wonderful time. Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee! Lifer! JEALOUS...

    christy

    ReplyDelete