Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A New Haircut



Well, the day I had been dreading arrived today. My hair was falling out noticeably this morning, so I called my hair stylist, Megon, and she got me in this afternoon. My friend Diane was so nice to come pick me up and also to take photos of the process. I decided I wanted to document what I had to go through. It didn't take long, and soon all my hair was laying on the floor underneath my chair. It feels weird, but I am relieved to have it over.

A couple of days ago, I found a website that sells hats and scarves specifically for cancer patients, so I ordered several different ones. They should arrive tomorrow.

So, for those of you who want to see what I look like without hair, I've attached a few photos.

Lou Ann

7 comments:

  1. You and Sade.

    christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's better than Sinead O'Connor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look sassy with your new do, Lou Ann! It was a fun hike up Middle Cottonwood, with you leading the way. Go, girl. Hugs, Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looked fine while you were sitting in the chair...sure you didn't get carried away? [You also look good with the new do, too!]

    Nice pic of you and John and the Mountain!

    David and I just finished the short loop at the Pines. His back seems to be getting better now. I have the 49er Ball tonight...back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mountain pic and did you get THAT close to the bear?

    Same person, hair or not! Guess this is the classy Demi Moore look? Are you doing the pushups on the chair yet?
    Leiann

    ReplyDelete
  6. O'Conner was nice looking; Etheridge looked great to me and you are right with them. Wow !! Your eyes are your best assest --no, your smile ...whatever, it wasn't your hair. I'm waiting to see if it comes in red and curley. :) You're amazing. I will be thinking of you Tuesday. Good luck. My very best, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I'm delayed in commenting on your pix. You look great! What a brave woman to post pictures (compared to the chicken, which was me!!). It is nice to be done with the hair falling out stage, and just take it all off! As you probably already know, your head tends to get cold easily without hair. Who knew? Like I did, you're probably wearing hats to bed.
    Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete